• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Motor mount shims

PaWalt

Pulled the motor on my 70 Lemans Sport. Shims under the mount to frame on driver side only. Anyone know a reason for this? Thanks

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
Possibly worn motor mounts, but also 1970-72 455 motor mounts are different than 350-400 motor mounts in an A-body, for some reason they sit higher than the smaller displacement engines. We used to use 455 mounts to help clear the steering linkage, but they sometimes caused hood clearance issues with an aftermarket intake manifold.

Just some other things to think about.

Brad

On my '71 LeMons Sport, the bottom of my cooling fan contacts the bottom of my fan shroud. I changed motor mounts and still had the problem. Shims solved it.