My First Car

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new car. Mod suggestions are only limited by your budget and what the primary use of the car will be. Good luck with it.

G

G-886400

welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new car. Mod suggestions are only limited by your budget and what the primary use of the car will be. Good luck with it.
Probably a weekend warrior my budget is not limited but I'd like to keep it as original as possible

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Mods and original as possible? I would start with a simple advance weight kit for the HEI distributor setting the total mechanical advance to 36 degrees. The carburetor secondary rods could be changed for a richer full throttle. For the suspension you could look into Koni or Bilstein shocks. There are lots of articles in magazines but typically it involves carburetor and intake manifold changes plus lower restriction exhaust, headers.

RootBeerBuzz

Maryland
Mods and original as possible? I would start with a simple advance weight kit for the HEI distributor setting the total mechanical advance to 36 degrees. The carburetor secondary rods could be changed for a richer full throttle. For the suspension you could look into Koni or Bilstein shocks. There are lots of articles in magazines but typically it involves carburetor and intake manifold changes plus lower restriction exhaust, headers.
Awesome ill check those out :)