thumbnail.jpeg

hope this is working.....

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg
this is going to take forever...... lol :p

i will keep uploading more....
in mean time with the pictures i have uploaded i would like some opinions on what direction to go with it.....???:D right now it does not run missing radiator has rust and shifter is stuck in neutral..... not sure if i should keep it and start fixing it keep stock or change motor and trans....??? ($$$$$) or sell it

pic 6.jpg

thank you to all

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
fully restored it's worth at collectorcarmarket.com $23,350. You have to figure out what you paid plus what you have to put into it and how you feel about it as to whether to start this project.

From my pictures... is this car worth restoring...? Or at least get running....?
First hurdle.... parts..? Where can I get a radiator for this car....? Would like something that just bolts in...... and I can’t seem to find anything....
Second ... thinking of doing an engine swap.... to a newer 389....?
For a 11 bolt style water pump/timing cover....?
Then I can add a pulley kit with air....... 4bbl intake and carb (or fuel injection)..........
Any suggestions on this.....??
Thank you

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
If you are doing the labor a maybe if you are paying someone to do it you will lose money on the process.

First hurdle.... parts..? Where can I get a radiator for this car....? Would like something that just bolts in...... and I can’t seem to find anything....
Second ... thinking of doing an engine swap.... to a newer 389....?
For a 11 bolt style water pump/timing cover....?
Then I can add a pulley kit with air....... 4bbl intake and carb (or fuel injection)..........
Any suggestions on this.....??
Thank you

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
It depends on what part you are referring to. The supplier of the particular part you are interested will know whether the part is interchangeable.

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
Are they the same body style....
Fenders front clip front doors etc...
Will they interchange...?
A Ventura is Basically a Catalina with a fancy interior so all body panels will interchange with the same body type. Meaning 2 door HT, 2 door Sedan, Convertible ect.... will interchange with minor trim differences. You may have to fill or add holes for trim or emblem differences. (you could also get a Venture interior on an Star Chief executive that is a Bonneville Chassis that has a lot less standard equipment & less fancy exterior & Interior Trim, I believe those were only made in 4-door models

That being said most front clip sheet metal items will interchange between all body styles, but once you get to the fire wall there are to many differences to list.

A Ventura is Basically a Catalina with a fancy interior so all body panels will interchange with the same body type. Meaning 2 door HT, 2 door Sedan, Convertible ect.... will interchange with minor trim differences. You may have to fill or add holes for trim or emblem differences. (you could also get a Venture interior on an Star Chief executive that is a Bonneville Chassis that has a lot less standard equipment & less fancy exterior & Interior Trim, I believe those were only made in 4-door models

That being said most front clip sheet metal items will interchange between all body styles, but once you get to the fire wall there are to many differences to list.
Thank you......
I’m using my Ventura 4door for a parts car ......
I just got a 1960 Pontiac Catalina Safari wagon....
And I’m going to fix it up..... needs hood... windshield ...and get the engine running...... Ventura will donate parts as it has lots of rust issues and missing parts........

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.