Need advice for stereo system 06 GXP

Dylan06GXP

Maine
I just bought my gxp a month ago. The speakers in the rear are blown and i need some advice on what I should do. I was thinking about putting an aftermarket headunit in and replacing all speakers in the car. The speakers in the front sound easy to install but i'm stumped on what to do with the rear and the monsoon amp.

ejacops1977

I just bought my gxp a month ago. The speakers in the rear are blown and i need some advice on what I should do. I was thinking about putting an aftermarket headunit in and replacing all speakers in the car. The speakers in the front sound easy to install but i'm stumped on what to do with the rear and the monsoon amp.
Rear speakers sucked to replace. Entire seat has to come out and rear section. If you can afford it pay someone. I would next time.

Dylan06GXP

Maine
Yes, I have looked on crutchfield and they say I have to bypass the factory amp to hookup new aftermarket 6x9's

Dylan06GXP

Maine
If I were to upgrade the stock headunit, and run new speaker wire to the aftermarket 6x9 in the rear would that bypass the amp? I would like to keep the monsoon amp for the front speakers until they blow out

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Only if the aftermarket headunit is designed to connect to the amp and you need a load on any output coming from the amp to not damage it.