need help finding replacements, or repairing 1962 catalina 4dr Door panels

62redsled

Hey y'all this is my first time reaching out on this website so bear with me if I dont have the hang of this yet. I have a 1962 pontiac catalina 4dr base, and the front door panels it came with are super water damaged and falling apart, ive looked all over the internet for replacements but have come up short, nobody seems to be producing then for the Catalinas let alone the 4dr versions.

Have i missed something somewhere? does anyone know where i can find replacements?

or has anyone fabbed their own? any tips/tricks are appreciated.

Attachments

• 4CB28D8B-1D25-41F6-A41C-75E6C8FAF724.jpeg
    4CB28D8B-1D25-41F6-A41C-75E6C8FAF724.jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 4
Hey y'all this is my first time reaching out on this website so bear with me if I dont have the hang of this yet. I have a 1962 pontiac catalina 4dr base, and the front door panels it came with are super water damaged and falling apart, ive looked all over the internet for replacements but have come up short, nobody seems to be producing then for the Catalinas let alone the 4dr versions.

Have i missed something somewhere? does anyone know where i can find replacements?

or has anyone fabbed their own? any tips/tricks are appreciated.
On my 1964 Catalina, I made my own using the damaged door panels as a template. The material I used was 1/4 inch veneer plywood. I did this back in 1994, I used the veneer plywood that was available at the home center. I don't remember if it was mohogany, oak or birch veneer. I stained the plywood with walnut stain and applied several coats Deft gloss lacquer. Then waxed them for the final finish. It looks better than the damaged door panels they replaced. I covered the top edge at the window with plastic "u" channel that matched the interior color of the car.

62redsled

Have you looked at amesperf.com and frankspontiacparts.com
Ive looked on frankspontiacparts before, i actually ordered a dash clock from them not too long ago, but i haven't found much in the way of interior trim on there. i'll check out that other one! thanks so much!

62redsled

Ive looked on frankspontiacparts before, i actually ordered a dash clock from them not too long ago, but i haven't found much in the way of interior trim on there. i'll check out that other one! thanks so much!
do you have any idea on if 4dr bonneville door cards or 4dr grand prix (if they exist) cards would be compatible?

62redsled

On my 1964 Catalina, I made my own using the damaged door panels as a template. The material I used was 1/4 inch veneer plywood. I did this back in 1994, I used the veneer plywood that was available at the home center. I don't remember if it was mohogany, oak or birch veneer. I stained the plywood with walnut stain and applied several coats Deft gloss lacquer. Then waxed them for the final finish. It looks better than the damaged door panels they replaced. I covered the top edge at the window with plastic "u" channel that matched the interior color of the car.
woah thats cool i never thought to use wood for them before, do you have any photos of how they looked? thats super interesting.