Need help finding window trim

pippo

Reaction score
People,

1987 sunbird GT, 2 door coupe, need new- I dont know what exactly to call it- the rubber seal that goes around thew GLASS window, 2 front doors. NOT the DOOR weatherstrip which goes around the door FRAME, just the rubber for the glass. I think it is the run channel.

Tried various sites, with dissappointment. Some say "universal" and warn it may not be an exact fit. Who would buy that!!

Anyway, any help appreciated.

Pip

Last edited:

92 Sunbird LE

Reaction score
Window sweeps......................................................................:confused:

Good luck, no one makes them new, looked for some nos ones( through a few of my sources)
for Stephan on here ...no luck.

Ask him......... he found some ............somewhere............

Member " Stephan0523"

Doug in P.R:cool:.

Last edited:

92 Sunbird LE

Reaction score
PM Sunbird member" Stephan0523" on here ,he found some for his 'Bird.

Doug in P.R.:cool:

Last edited:

91sunbird

Reaction score
I don't think he's a member anymore? the PM didn't work, unless I did something wrong.

92 Sunbird LE

Reaction score
Try Stephen0523 instead of Stephan0523. I may of spelled it wrong...,.,........ Sorry.,........:rolleyes:
He was last on here April 28th.

Doug in P.R.:cool:

Last edited:

Jakes89gt

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the group and I'm having the same problem. I'm currently restoring my family's 89 gt turbo convertible and they're all rotted out anyone have any leads on aftermarket that would work?

92 Sunbird LE

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the group and I'm having the same problem. I'm currently restoring my family's 89 gt turbo convertible and they're all rotted out anyone have any leads on aftermarket that would work?

There was a company that made the rubber so you could fix them yourself, but I think they went out business. Try Steele Rubber Products to see if the sell the stuff.

Doug in P.R.

92 Sunbird LE

Reaction score

loud41

Reaction score
These window sweeps do not exist. You have to refurb what you have. The J-Body forum has a great write-up on some individuals who have done this. The problem is that the sweep is attached to the "chrome" trim pieces along the tops of the doors. You have to remove these trim pieces which means removing the door cards (good luck on those rear quarter windows you 'vert owners!) Steele Rubber sells window sweeps that are almost exactly the same size as the originals- minus the chrome trim and window felt. You attach the new sweeps to the trim using staples and 3M weatherstrip adhesive. You can even go a step further and purchase window felt to replace the felt you lose when performing this refurbishment. Definitely crappy news, but it's the unfortunate reality with these particular vehicles. =(