• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Need help with dash indicator lights

Geek95

I pulled my whole cluster out the other day and replaced all the bulbs because I thought they were just burnt out. I have back light ( like headlights are on) and gauges. But no indicator (turn signals) or high beam indicator.

I found a 3 wire plug unhooked under the dash the goes to the cluster and after I snapped it together, the car won’t start, only clicks, but like a relay click, not the solenoid.

The bottom picture shows the wiring diagram from a fisher body manual... it’s the group of three in the middle.

Any wiring guys out there?

0919CF65-C14E-4D39-8059-6BB78AD60A53.jpegA5C441A8-FC2E-47BB-B14B-0A9B0F3AC149.jpeg

Geek95

It’s a 1974 grandville convertible and that’s the wiring diagram for that year car. If it’s plugged in, it won’t start, only the click i mentioned. If I plug it in after I start it, it stays running, but still no lights.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
With the harness connected, have you tried buckling the seat belts and then tried starting it?
With the harness connected does a seat belt light come on in the dash?
1974 is the infamous year of the seat belt starter interlock.

Geek95

With the harness connected, have you tried buckling the seat belts and then tried starting it?

Thank you...that fixed the no start issue... I got the same relay click until I started playing around with buckled seatbelt... heard a larger click and it starts just fine now. Still no signal indicators though.. I think I’m gonna pull the cluster back out and look for a tear or something in that printed circuit

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
Have you checked the Blinker relay? They tend to stick when not used for awhile, I would check for power to the relay, and if you have 12V there I would back track to the switch. It may be and issue with the circuit board, but I would start with the relay (easy) and then the turn signal switch (not so easy) before going to the circuit board.

when you replaced the bulbs Did the circuit board have any obvious breaks or burn spots?