Need info on 70 GTO

GTOGeorge

I am trying to find out what the 3 screws are that go straight up through the IP one above the speedometer ,the clock ,and the gauges. I can`t find these anywhere.
Thanks

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
I have a 71 and I believe the dash is identical to the 70. Original owner.
No screws in the area you mentioned.
Can you post a picture?

GTOGeorge

Can you post a picture?
Can you post a picture?
The screw head goes up through the hole and through the gauges and into the upper dash where there are nylon inserts and this keeps it from rattling and secures everything in place. My screws were missing and without taking the dash back out Iam not sure what the size and length of the screws.
Thanks for the reply.

Attachments

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
I was looking at the dashboard not the bezel. The screw is a Phillips head, black, 1/2" long from the base of the head to the point, 1/8" at it's widest point immediately under the head.

LKLusza

Hi,

Don't know if you ever got an answer, but here it is. Those 3 screws actually pass through the holes in the plastic bezel and also through 3 metal tabs at the top of the dash. Then they engage the main dash structure,. That's how the whole top left portion of the dash panel is secured to the main dash framework. Can't recall the part numbers, but I got them from Ames Performance Engineering. Try giving them a call.

Larry

Attachments

Last edited: