• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

New build

Davidmoran759

So I’m just starting my first ever car build not sure the motor but it’s a 1965 4 door Catalina I am looking for advice and tips on this build body and interior are in solid shape and the car runs I’m wanting to stay carbed not wanting to mess with rebuilding the engine unless I need to any tips on what to do and what to stay away from and advice pre build please let me know!

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
When you say build I'm assuming you mean engine modifications?
How many miles on the engine?
Have you done a basic tuneup?
Have you done a compression test and leakdown test to determine the condition of the engine?

G

G-58495

When you say build I'm assuming you mean engine modifications?
How many miles on the engine?
Have you done a basic tuneup?
Have you done a compression test and leakdown test to determine the condition of the engine?
So far have not been able to I believe the car is around 75,000 I am going to direct inject it and plan on removing the carb for ease in the future the carburetor is currently off