New to the site

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
I know it's way down on your list of things to do but get rid of the plastic fuel filter and rubber hose. Good luck with the project.

B.C.
Yes the first thing my nose wrinkled up on was that fuel set up. consider it gone.
Have been reading about the difficulties in finding a core support and mine is rotted out on the drivers bottom side. Looks like that will be the first repair to start on.
Still scrounging manuals and books on this unit. any recommendations?

B.C.
Yup got that one and the parts list as well as the Fisher body manual.
Anything out there pertaining specifically:confused: to the 400 cid?

B.C.
Thanks for the tip on that book. I see a lot of negative reviews on Rocky's effort and more favorable comments on Mr. Hand's efforts in a previous book.
Have you read both? and if so which do you prefer?

B.C.
So this LeMans Sport is going to require replacing both left and right rear quarters. I have restored old cars but have never hung a full quarter.
Anyone have any tips? Photos? Sheet metal products to avoid?

frankz

NY
If I had it to do over, as far as the body of the car goes, I'd have Dustless Blasting bring it down to the metal. I thought I'd save money by hiring two good body guys to help me sand it down. It was a lot of work and I believe Dustless Blasting would have done a much better job in the nooks and crannies. Then you can see what you have and determine if you need both full quarters or just a couple of panels. GL

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.