• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

northstar fiero based kit car for sale

turbostar

alto nm
Hi guys, please indulge me as I introduce a special car for sale-sale forced due to health. There is a fiero/gm link so I hope it is appropriate. I think all auto enthusiasts will find interest in the vehicle. I started with a northstar fiero kit but I wanted something different and a lot lighter. I designed a custom chassis to use the existing kit and 88 fiero suspension components. Then found a glass body that with a few mods would fit. It is a semi replica of a Porsche 550 spyder. I need 20k for the car which is half what I have in it. If you have any interest email me at johnaustin9@windstream.net or call 575-336-7910 and I'll answer any questions. Thanks a lot. john

Attachments

turbostar

alto nm
Morning Jeff. My guess is they would be reasonably comparable. I like to predict performance based on lb/hp. My car is around 6 lb/hp without driver. Actually I don't know the performance of this car as it only has a couple of hundred miles and that is all parades and to and fro. I don't have the health or youth to flog it - in fact I have always had a throttle stop on it set to 50%.

turbostar

alto nm
BTW Jeff - nice collection! Especially the Sprint. Those were rare when new, I can only imagine in todays world. I've never actually seen one. john

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
Thanks John, I never can pass up a oddball performance Pontiac, Sadly I think I am going to sell the 69 sprint, I just do not drive it much now that I have the Solstice, and it really deserves to be driven.

I do like you car, it looks like a quality build. Would love to see it in person.

turbostar

alto nm
Thanks for the compliment Jeff. As the builder I am naturally proud, but being a lifelong GM guy I am also proud that the two donor vehicles were GM - the Cadillac NorthStar and Pontiac Fiero. All else was fabbed.

turbostar

alto nm
Back in the beginning when I was collecting parts for this project, I had the chance to pick up a spare NorthStar engine with just 7 miles on it so I bought it. If interested, I will let it go with the car for a small additional fee.

turbostar

alto nm
Thanks guys, for the interest shown in my project on this forum. I fully understand that this is not the type vehicle that is the focus of this group, and understanding that I am grateful for the number of views this post has attained. It is appreciated.

turbostar

alto nm
just a quick explanation of the kickup in the rear of the chassis shown in this pic - originally wanted to have room for a turbo. The power to weight ratio with even a mild (7-10 psi boost) is downright scary.

Attachments

turbostar

alto nm
In my search to find a new owner for my special project, I am lowering the price to $18k. The build cost was around $40k. My health is not improving and the car needs to be in the hands of someone that can work on it and enjoy it. I realize this is not the type vehicle most on this board are into, but I try for max exposure and appreciate the indulgence.

turbostar

alto nm
So far I've had three offers as such. All 3 have no problem with a 20k price, in fact think it is cheap for this car. The problem is all 3 want to give me a vehicle as partial trade, which does not work for me as my situation is such that I must downsize and can't take trades. What I find interesting is 2 of the three want to trade as part payment the same type vehicle - a T Bucket roadster. What are the odds of that happening?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
You would think they would sell their current vehicles to generate the cash to buy yours and yes that is weird they are both the same type of car.

turbostar

alto nm
all 3 potential buyers are trying to sell their vehicles so we can make a cash deal but none of the 3 has sold yet. the ability to take trades is normally a good way to speed up a deal, it just won't work for me now.