northstar fiero based kit car for sale

turbostar

alto nm
Hi guys, please indulge me as I introduce a special car for sale-sale forced due to health. There is a fiero/gm link so I hope it is appropriate. I think all auto enthusiasts will find interest in the vehicle. I started with a northstar fiero kit but I wanted something different and a lot lighter. I designed a custom chassis to use the existing kit and 88 fiero suspension components. Then found a glass body that with a few mods would fit. It is a semi replica of a Porsche 550 spyder. I need 20k for the car which is half what I have in it. If you have any interest email me at johnaustin9@windstream.net or call 575-336-7910 and I'll answer any questions. Thanks a lot. john

Attachments

turbostar

alto nm
Morning Jeff. My guess is they would be reasonably comparable. I like to predict performance based on lb/hp. My car is around 6 lb/hp without driver. Actually I don't know the performance of this car as it only has a couple of hundred miles and that is all parades and to and fro. I don't have the health or youth to flog it - in fact I have always had a throttle stop on it set to 50%.

turbostar

alto nm
BTW Jeff - nice collection! Especially the Sprint. Those were rare when new, I can only imagine in todays world. I've never actually seen one. john

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
Thanks John, I never can pass up a oddball performance Pontiac, Sadly I think I am going to sell the 69 sprint, I just do not drive it much now that I have the Solstice, and it really deserves to be driven.

I do like you car, it looks like a quality build. Would love to see it in person.

turbostar

alto nm
Thanks for the compliment Jeff. As the builder I am naturally proud, but being a lifelong GM guy I am also proud that the two donor vehicles were GM - the Cadillac NorthStar and Pontiac Fiero. All else was fabbed.

turbostar

alto nm
Back in the beginning when I was collecting parts for this project, I had the chance to pick up a spare NorthStar engine with just 7 miles on it so I bought it. If interested, I will let it go with the car for a small additional fee.

turbostar

alto nm
Thanks guys, for the interest shown in my project on this forum. I fully understand that this is not the type vehicle that is the focus of this group, and understanding that I am grateful for the number of views this post has attained. It is appreciated.

turbostar

alto nm
just a quick explanation of the kickup in the rear of the chassis shown in this pic - originally wanted to have room for a turbo. The power to weight ratio with even a mild (7-10 psi boost) is downright scary.

Attachments

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.