• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Oil cooler

RMcDonough71

Oil cooler. Im loosing massive oil. Does a 2000 pontiac grand prix gt have a oil cooler by chance. I was asked and yet i dont know. This is a newer pontiac fir me since i owned a sun fire before this one.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
You cant see where the oil is leaking from by placing the front of the car on jack stands?
There is no engine oil cooler.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
You cannt figure out what part of the engine the oil is coming from?
Nobody can see where the oil is coming from over the internet. You or a shop has to determine the source of the leak.

RMcDonough71

You cannt figure out what part of the engine the oil is coming from?
Nobody can see where the oil is coming from over the internet. You or a shop has to determine the source of the leak.
It is leaking up over by the front end of the engine. Like right behind the radiator on passanger side of car. But ut does not leak out every day. And there is really not a place where i can throw a jack up under the car everytime i park. Do to its in the middle of the night when car is driven. Bit dark everytime im parking.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Have you placed the car on jack stands and actually looked at that area. Oil doesn't come out without leaving a trace behind it.