• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

P0315 crankshaft position system not learned. Ongoing issue

G6superman

I have 09 Pontiac g6 3.5l vin N and have had my crankshaft position sensor replaced 2 times in 3 years. Always get p0315 code. Recently it threw a throttle position sensor fault but after removing and reinstalling plug that never happened again. Some mechanics say it needs scan tool to relearn some day it doesn't. I have had it relearned but only worked for a short while. Problem is intermittent but gets progressively worse. Connector appears to be in good condition, wire inspection appears in good condition. Although I noticed a sensor just below the crank sensor slight towards the rear, above the exhaust that was unplugged. Not sure what it is, very small connected, looks 2 prong. Appeared to be on the transmission, was disoriented being middle of the night, and exhausted. Any ideas on that would be appreciated. As far as crank sensor im at a loss. Is there a service bulletin on them. Help. Start new job and need my car.