Performance suspension or sports suspension?

DLB

Reaction score
When looking for a replacement exhaust system I get the question, "does it have sports suspension?" The info I got from GM and the vin # says this:

'Suspension, front, independent

Suspension, Performance, rear twist axle, includes (G67) Automatic level control and (V41) Inflator kit "

The problem is that I will likely have to order the parts, and do not want to risk getting the wrong kit.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
Look for the Service Parts Label, it has all the option codes for your vehicle. Any GM dealer should also be able to look it up.

DLB

Reaction score
I did find a code on the label of FE3, which PPOcodes.com indicates it is a sport suspension. The confusing thing is that in all the photos I have found online the non-sports model looks like mine. No store in our area has the either version in stock of the resonator assembly which is the main difference. Mine goes over the rear axle, where it looks in the pictures like the sports suspension version goes under the axle. I realize too that pictures online cannot always be trusted.

As this is a 2005 minivan I just cannot justify getting work at the dealer. At the same time I would prefer the better 409 stainless if it will last a few years longer than standard aftermarket pipes. I am looking at this set if I can verify it will work for me: Amazon.com: Stainless Steel Exhaust System Fits 2002-2009 Terraza Venture Silhouette Montana Relay: Automotive

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
You have no Midas or Monroe shop that could do the work?

DLB

Reaction score
I have my own mechanic who I trust. Also, I was hoping to get the 409 stainless I posted in the link, but apparently, that is not available for my particular model.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
Exhaust shops have bending/shaping equipment that a normal repair shop wont have but your call.