Plug on PS Pump

zacharyschr2022

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was doing a quick PS Pump swap on my ‘07 base, and when I took it out, to my dismay, I had ripped off a wire plug of some kind bc it was attached to my pump. This was clearly intentionally connected, and the car didn’t start until I managed to crimp the loose ends of the wire together. One wire was blue, the other was white. If someone could let me know what is usually connected to the pump on these things that’d be great, or even just more information on what wires run through there in the first place would be nice. I’m looking to replace that whole wire setup b/c I can’t trust that crimp-job forever.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
Are you saying the old pump has a sensor or switch on it?
If so , why doesn't the new pump have the switch,?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
The wires are attached or the sensor has a pump?
If the wires are just attached and pump has no sensor, trace the wires. Since it couldn't start a guess would be a crank sensor. You are better off buying a good quality water proof splicing kit and leaving it alone.

zacharyschr2022

Reaction score
The wires are attached or the sensor has a pump?
If the wires are just attached and pump has no sensor, trace the wires. Since it couldn't start a guess would be a crank sensor. You are better off buying a good quality water proof splicing kit and leaving it alone.
Yea, I did just that and used a self-soldering & sealing crimp. I’m still a little wary of it coming loose because the car won’t start if it does, but so far I’ve hit plenty of potholes and she’s held🤣