Pontiac G5 Headlights wont go off..Help

Abbaman

I personally understand this issue. My wife is having same problem with her 2007 Pontiac G5 2 dr. for about a year on & off. Now a permanent issue with her vehicle last 3 days. I've been online last couple days researching the issue and I've found a few suggestions including ones from this forum. I've tried them all and done a couple recommended tests with no results. Problem still existed. Looking at her dash more closely today made me realize what is the problem. Try cleaning the Ambient Light Sensor on the dash first. If that doesn't work, then the sensor is no good and will need to be replaced. The Ambient Light Sensor is around $20.00. If the sensor is dirty or faulty, obviously, it is telling the system it is low or no light and your running lights will stay on.

Trumptone

My problem was the lights staying on after the car was off. If her car isn't doing that, then I suspect you are correct.

BTW, long over-due update:

I replaced the FUSE & RELAY BOX, part #25825001 and everything has been working fine since. I replaced it myself, it was easy enough.

OEM CarBuilder

SC
GM Customer Service, this sounds like this should be an extended warranty coverage. I hate to say that for the poor supplier or the designer, but its the right thing to do for customer loyalty. It hit my 2009 Pontiac G5 as well. Its a great plant car, great for the long commute and doesn't stick out in the parking lot at work.

MilMan

Warren
Headlights stuck on (2007 Pontiac G5)

While I agree with a previous Administrator that a user manual comes in handy, I'll add some input. At every oil change, my lights get stuck on later that day. Although the oil change in itself should not cause alarm, the reset option used to tell the computer that an oil change was done seems to trigger the response of headlights staying on. I wanted to disconnect the battery to kill my headlights, but I managed to shut off the lights by a series of turning on the brights, shutting them down, clicking the lights on and off, etc. Although I cannot contribute to the solution, I can hope to relay the pattern. In no other circumstance has the headlights stayed on.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.