• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Pontiac Phoenix. Like a Ventura?

21_Phoenix

Texas
Hey guys,
So I recently acquired a 77' Pontiac Phoenix from a good friend of mine. I've had quite some trouble figuring out more about it as well as working on it. I know saying i am 21 isn't an excuse but I do plan on learning. Unfortunately my friend passed before he could teach me about the car and how to maintain it.

My question is.
I've heard that the Phoenix and Ventura are similar.
Can I use maintenance guides for a Ventura to learn about this car?
Thanks for any help!

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
They are basically the same car, in 77 the Phoenix was a trim option on the Ventura. Good luck with the car.

1alexsoda1

Hey guys,
So I recently acquired a 77' Pontiac Phoenix from a good friend of mine. I've had quite some trouble figuring out more about it as well as working on it. I know saying i am 21 isn't an excuse but I do plan on learning. Unfortunately my friend passed before he could teach me about the car and how to maintain it.

My question is.
I've heard that the Phoenix and Ventura are similar.
Can I use maintenance guides for a Ventura to learn about this car?
Thanks for any help!
The 1977 Ventura was the last year Ventura and not a lot of them are left. NO one knows about the 1977 model year as it was only in production for 5 month.
The Phoenix was to be higher then the ventura with only a different front end and a slightly different interior.
If you wanna get parts for it , get parts for an x-body GM as it's the chassi it was based on and for mechanical info , there's pretty much lot of guides and websites .
If you need any patch panels you can use the ones from a 76,77 Ventura or chevy nova as it's pretty much the same chassi overall.
You can basically swap all small blocks , big block and chevy i6s or Pontiac v8s or Buick v6 or oldsmobile v8s basically anything. 🤷‍♂️
I have a lot of info about x body gm and Ventura's in general if you need my help.

P.S I know I'm kinda late, but I just joined the forum 😁