Power Window Motor & Regulator - 1991 Sunbird Convertible

Zip

Reaction score
I'm having trouble locating the correct replacement window regulator / motor assembly for my 1991 Sunbird CONVERTIBLE. See the attached picture - I need the unit with the additional arm - all the replacement ones on line don't have that extra arm - it won't work without it! The original is on top in the picture......

Attachments

• Window Regulator 1991 Sunbird Convertible.jpg
    Window Regulator 1991 Sunbird Convertible.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 5

92 Sunbird LE

Reaction score
Is it just the Motor ? Rollers? Regulator itself?

Doug in P.R. :cool:

Zip

Reaction score
I detached the motor....it is frozen up....will try to source just that. Regulator arms look fine. Almost killed myself when the spring detached itself.

92 Sunbird LE

Reaction score
No replies yet, looked on JBody.org and V6Z24 sites also , nothing there in old posts either.

Did GM build these convertibles or farm them out for the conversions?

Hopefully you can drill out the rivets and replace the motor, the old posts say something about the new bolts are too large and you have to enlarge the holes for the bolts, also to use Loctite or JBWeld to assemble the bolts and nuts back on the regulator.

Doug in P.R.:cool:

Zip

Reaction score
Now where can I find a Tech I scan tool to quick-learn Idle Learn Procedure? Sigh.

Reaction score
No replies yet, looked on JBody.org and V6Z24 sites also , nothing there in old posts either.

Did GM build these convertibles or farm them out for the conversions?

Hopefully you can drill out the rivets and replace the motor, the old posts say something about the new bolts are too large and you have to enlarge the holes for the bolts, also to use Loctite or JBWeld to assemble the bolts and nuts back on the regulator.

Doug in P.R.:cool:
Fun fact:
GM never built a convertible.
They always outsourced them.

92 Sunbird LE

Reaction score
Key on, key off, key on is what I do to relearn idle, did you still need the regulator? A guy on Facebook JBody International might have one.....

Doug in P.R. :cool:

Zip

Reaction score
Got a motor that fit and bolted it on the old regulator. Got the whole assembly back together with a little jig saw work! And used some nuts/bolts with the standard rivets for added strength. Car seems to be relearning itself also!

Spaceman_Spiff

Reaction score
what would cause all windows to lag going up or down?