rally rim codes question

2001convertable

I bought a set of rally wheels from craigslist with the codes as following...
m5 6with an under score then the air valve and then 14 then a space and a KX. I looked on the pontiac wheel apps page but not able to figure it out. Does someone have any idea?...thanks

EaOutlaw

I am not sure what the question is?
what are you wanting to know?

I am guessing you purchased a set of rims that came from a Pontiac just not your Pontiac, and your trying to figure out what they went on originally the code stamped on the rim is m56_14 KX

can you find any other numbers stamped on the inside of the rims?

I am thinking the rims belong to a Grand Am the date code on the back may help clear things up.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Pontiac made Rally I and Rally II, assume you are asking about Rally II? Can you post a picture of the code and the front of the wheel? I can not find a KX wheel code. Can you also measure the wheel width and diameter?

EaOutlaw

Pontiac made Rally I and Rally II, assume you are asking about Rally II? Can you post a picture of the code and the front of the wheel? I can not find a KX wheel code. Can you also measure the wheel width and diameter?
the only information I found for the KX code was for a Grand Am that is why I asked for the date code on the back of the rim.

The source of my data is questionable so I need the date code to dig deeper.

G

G-499274

I'm not going to be much help as I have the same wheels that are on my 1972 GTO . How ever I know they never came on the Grand Am I have two 1973 Grand Am's. The Grand Am no matter what wheels came on it were 15 inch it was the first GM car to come with 15 inch radial tires as standard equipment. The KX wheels are all 14 inch.