RAM AIR HOOD DECAL COLOR

Loafington

Was there any rhyme or reason for the color selection of the RAM AIR hood decal for 1969 Judge Code 72 cars? I've seen black, seen white decals...both with a mix of interior colors, parchment or black. Same with stripe colors patterns, yellow/red/blue....yellow/red/black.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
They changed the stripe colors in late February 1969. Prior to that stripes are blue with red and yellow accents, then switched to black for the primary color for Carousel Red cars. I have only seen white Ram Air decals with the Carousel Red paint.

Loafington

Yeah ive seen both. Just not sure if there was something definitive that no shit calls out what color hood decal goes with which color stripe and whether or not interior colors had anything to do with it..for instance...did a carousel red, yellow/red/blue stripe with black interior get a black ram air hood decal and white interior ones with the same stripe and color combo, get the white hood decal.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
I can only imagine the hood decal color being dictated by body color not interior color. Haven't been able to find anything that gives details. I believe you have the PHS documentation, nothing there about decal color?

Loafington

I can only imagine the hood decal color being dictated by body color not interior color. Haven't been able to find anything that gives details. I believe you have the PHS documentation, nothing there about decal color?
Nope, nothin on there that calls out the hood decal color, or the stripe color for that matter. Luckily for me, a few of the originals are on the car so I at least know what it came with for the stripes anyway.