Re: no cabin heat

reble

Kennewick, Wa
Last winter there was no cabin heat. The rest of the engine cooling system works fine. The A/C works fine, turn the A/C on full blast and the SUV fells like a rolling refrigerator. I had the thermostat changed out and the heater core blown out. Still no cabin heat. There is no coolant leak anywhere, I have been watching. When I turn the temperature control from cool to heat I can hear the electric motor that moves the flap working. But I don't know if the flap is connected to the motor. How do I get at lease a view of the temperature flap to see if it is connected to the motor and moving? Is there something else that I missed.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Feel the lines going in and out of the heater core.
There is no easy way to get to the heater blend door motor.

reble

Kennewick, Wa
I can hear the heater blend door motor working when I move the temperature control nob from cool to heat. I am wondering if the blend door it self is not connected to the motor.

Feel the lines going in and out of the heater core.
There is no easy way to get to the heater blend door motor.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
It's possible but no way of knowing without disassembling.

reble

Kennewick, Wa
What are we looking at to get that deep into the dash panel on this rig? I have gone as far as pulling the car stereo to service the built in cd player. The cd player was very dirty. I got the SUV from a tow company auction. I am an Amateur Radio Operator and I used to repair tv's, radios and 2 way radios.

It's possible but no way of knowing without disassembling.

reble

Kennewick, Wa
Well if it requires crawling under the dash on my back. That is out of the question. I will have to pay someone to do the crawling. I have spinal stenosis from crawling under 1 to many dash boards over the years to install car stereos, 2 way radios and 2 way radios in aircraft. And a slipped disk in my lower back pinching the right sciatic nerve because I went well over my Dr's ordered weight lifting limit during a move from one apt to an other in 2018.