rear shocks

old man

I have a 2006 SV6 with air level shocks. Thinking of replacing them with regular shocks. Wondering if the mounting points are the same. Anybody done this?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
any conversion shocks will mount in the original location provided they are marketed for your vehicle

gregd

I suspect the vans with air leveling shocks have a weaker spring. My air pump went bad a few years ago on my 1998. I replaced the air pump with plain old cheap air lines. Cost about 10 bucks. With no air in the shocks the rear suspension is very soft and sits low with any weight in the back. I usually keep 30 PSI minimum in the air shocks. And use 60 when hauling stuff.

madnarg

The arm for my self leveling sensor broke & fell off somehow & I need new shocks. Any other places sell a sensor besides ebay? I'm going to check out a local pick-n-pull this afternoon but I might just buy regular shocks if there's no difference in the springs.

gregd

I really like having the air shocks for when you need the extra lift. When you load the van up the air shocks are nice to have. They are not that expensive.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.