Removing trunk rear plastic panel

psu1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and this is my 1st post. I purchased a backup camera system for my wife's car. I've had it for a while, so I can't return it. I assumed I would have more access to install the camera/sending unit to the license plate and wire to the backup light.(for power) I now found that is not the case. I'm hoping I could remove the large plastic panel by the trunk latch, which "should" provide me a more accessable area for work. Any advice on how to remove the plastic panel would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and this is my 1st post. I purchased a backup camera system for my wife's car. I've had it for a while, so I can't return it. I assumed I would have more access to install the camera/sending unit to the license plate and wire to the backup light.(for power) I now found that is not the case. I'm hoping I could remove the large plastic panel by the trunk latch, which "should" provide me a more accessable area for work. Any advice on how to remove the plastic panel would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Looks like plastic pins

psu1

Reaction score
melsg5

Thanks for the response. I guess it just needs a little brute persuasion.