Roof Rack Cross Rails

DLB

My SV6 has the roof rails that run from front to back, and are 1 1/2" diameter round. I have been able to find 2006 models, which are stated as triangular, but not supposed to fit my 2005.

Is there a difference between the 2005 and 2006 roof racks? The photo for the 2006 looks like mine, but I am not sure. The GM dealer here wants over $200.00 US for the 2 pieces. I guess I can at least be sure they fit.

https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-roof-rack-utility-bars-17800027.html

DLB

DLB

if you do not have triangular rails running front to back these cross rails will not fit.
The photo looks like my van rails. I have not seen any triangular shaped rails, but the close ups of the connectors do look triangular.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Cross Rails

The aftermarket rails I have found require an all new system side and cross rails. Our dealer in Ohio told me factory rails can be ordered.
So order the rails from your dealer with the understanding that if they dont fit you can return them.

DLB

So order the rails from your dealer with the understanding that if they dont fit you can return them.
That might be an option. I was hoping to find a lower price than what the dealer wants. In fact, for the few times I would need the rails, I could make something that fastens with hose clamps on the tubular rails.

DLB

Thanks Doug. It looks like the aftermarket universal cross bars might be my only option. A site took my order for the tubular design but then later cancelled it as a discontinued item from GM. Earlier I found a used set for a 2006 Montana, but they were for the triangular rails.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.