Should an 18 year old get a Pontiac g8 gt as first car?

Jjjhhh

I'm paying for it with my own money and paying for insurance and I'm planning on going to the BMW performance driving school. And I'm getting this car because it's what I want and I was fought to go after whatever I want and don't settle because then you become a bunch of punk ass winers who drives a Honda or Toyota and who settle for less. I'm determined I work 3 jobs every day for the last year to buy this car.

Puntiac00

You can get whatever you want as a first car. My advice would be to get something you can afford without having to be a slave to the car. And working 3 jobs (although I call BS) is going to the extreme, its still your money. Think about this for a minute, if any little dent or dent drives you crazy what will happen when its something major? Like a dented front fender?

6thcav

Way too much for an 18yr old.I can remember what I would have done with all of those horses. You will get that boy in DEEP S**T

Kevlar

Personally, I'm not sure why you are asking the question unless you are looking for validation/justification (from complete strangers) or just being provocative. Seems to me you'll end up doing what you want, I did at your age.

I started driving at the time when the muscle cars of the 60's were becoming affordable for guys my age. I had quite a few friends with small and big block Chevys, Fords and Mopars who survived them without too many tickets or fender-benders. Some of them were just plain lucky. I can't say they were all that responsible at that age.

Just keep in mind that we live and die by the choices we make and the consequences they bring. Also, your choices affect not only you and your future, but those around you as well.

Try to make good decisions.

Kevlar

Thanks Mel.

I remember when I was that young and foolish, so I can't really fault the guy too much. I survived though and I'd like to think I've matured some along the way.

I'm not as smart as I used to think I was, nor am I as smart as I'd like to be, but I'm smarter than I used to be. :)

Mel, some day, when you have nothing better to do, ask Sal about a kid from England on the Cadillac forum a few years ago. Name of McCombie.

tnegley

listen, im an 18 year old kid and i know what is going through his mind right now, everything everyone is saying is completely true, personally i would not go for the g8 everything for it is way to expensive and even though your friends might like for a bit in the end its just your car nd they will get over drooling over it everyday and than it won't be anything but a ticket magnet, i have an 06 grand prix gt and it is to just a tad on the to much power side for me apparently because it is my second one already because the first one i got 2 carless driving tickets and 2 exhibition of speed (racing) tickets and that was just with my first grand prix my second careless driving ticket was because i went head on into a telephone pole at 40 mph.. so personally go for something a little more under the radar because you don't want to end up like me and be in the hospital with airbag burns and bruised ribs... and not to mention without a license, if i were to give any advise go for a g6 gtp, its a nice car has plenty of horses and is less of a ticket magnet.

surgeont

Yes a six cylinder base! Or budget a casket along with the GT/GXP

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.