• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Sold the Last New Pontiac I will ever Buy, Sad Day

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
Well Friday we Sold our G8GT, mostly due to not being able to source a new Yaw Sensor, and driving the car this last winter with the Enhanced Stability Control System acting up was an adventure at times. There is no way to turn the system off (traction Control yes, Stability control no) and it would sometimes try to correct for a skid that did not actually exist! On slippery roads this could get exciting! It would only happen for a moment, and usually the system would deactivate itself after that. But one time it happened on an Icy freeway on ramp, and it started a Nascar like death wobble we were lucky to recover from without going into a ditch.

The car will be replaced by a new 2020 Dodge Charger Scat Pack. My wife is pretty excited to get the orange car she always wanted. Had to order the car so it will be a few weeks before it arrives.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
What is the new owner going to do about the Yaw Sensor issue?
Good luck with the new car. Not to jinx you but I read yesterday one of the Ford production lines was shut down because a worker had come down with Corona. I assume they then would have to test every worker on the line and sterilize everything in the line resulting in production delays.

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
We actually were contacted by the dealer we bought the car from 11 years ago, they saw the C/L ad and wanted to take a look at it. They are confident they can fix it. I spoke to the Service Department Manager and they think it is the anti-lock brake controller, I don't think so as we dont get any faults that would point to it. All the T/S I have done says it is the yaw sensor, or the wiring from the Yaw sensor to the Anti-lock Brake controller. And when I tried the 2 used sensors, they both acted differently. But I wish them the best of luck.

I did find that Holden has 48 of them in stock in Australia, and even found a couple of dealers that were willing to ship one. But they wanted full list price of around $550 USD's plus shipping. I wasn't willing to spend another $600 or more on it. And with some parts getting hard to find now, what was it going to be like 2 or more years from now?

As for the Charger I understand it may be longer than the dealer estimated a week or so ago. And when you consider the 6.4 Liter Hemi comes from Saltillo Mexico, and the Charger is assembled in Ontario Canada, who knows when it will actually be assembled and then imported to Michigan.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
I ordered a 2017 Mustang GT in June of 2016. It did not arrive at the dealer till September 2016. Part of the delay was I ordered the optional stripe from nose to tail. After completing the car they ship it to another nearby location where it sits till they get around to installing the stripes. I think that step added one month to the delivery time. I owned 5 Pontiac's, leases, that we ordered between 2003 and 2008, typical wait time was 6 weeks and we were shocked in 2008 when it was only 4 weeks.

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
Good deal to get out of, then Jeff.

Dodge in the Familly now?

I Know the feeling, my wife likes Nissan's,( 2 Pathfinders and 1 Murano she has had)

Only owned 1 Ford, 1 Dodge, and 1 Plymouth. They were quick cars to replace rusted out GM's in a pinch.

My Family all worked for GM one way or another, only 1 sister and I are true GM owners, the other one finally switched to Subaru last year.

Doug in P.R. šŸ˜Ž

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
No we had to order the Go Mango (or orange as I call it) Scat Pack with Cloth Seats, no Sunroof, and without the technology pack & with the uprated Stereo for her. We are not big fans of the new forward crash avoidance, lane deviation warning ect.... I was glad we could order a car without all that additional complication. Heck it doesn't even have start stop!

I just heard that all the big 3 plants are going to shut down for at least 2 weeks. So I don't think the car will be here when the dealer expected it. They said 6-8 weeks, that was 2 weeks ago. Still does not have a VIN assigned to it.

The 6.4 Hemi has to come from Saltillo Mexico (a plant the company I work for has equipment in, and I have visited many times) be shipped to Canada, placed in the Chassis assembled in Ontario, then shipped to Michigan. It may be awhile before we see it.

Last edited: