• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

spark plugs? platinum or iridium (Acdelco)

blackpontiac94

Hi I have a 2008 pontiac g5 2.2L manual. So far the mods are a resonator delete, and a muffler delete. Doing a zzp catted downpipe soon a cai and more soon.

For now with no forced induction is it ok to run the ACDelco OEM double platinum plugs? At canadian tire they said it can run iridium ac delco plugs too, apparently the stock ones were iridium not platinum, not sure which one to run, dont want to mess up the pistons, they said it can run both and the double platinum ones are fine.

Thanks

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
If you do a lot of low speed city driving and only want to change plugs evey 100K go with iridium otherwise you can use platinum.

blackpontiac94

Thanks, I might switch them. I sometimes do pulls at night and im putting a zzp downpipe and a cold air intake soon so maybe iridium if I am doing some high rpm here and there.

Wait what if I do some fast driving and high rpm lol

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
You wont notice any difference until you have 10's of thousands of miles, platinum good for 60k, iridium good for 100k.