Squib D Air Bag B0100 and B0103

erndog72

My 2004 Montana has both B0100 and B0103 locked in. I have cleaned the connections at both front sensors and the large connection at the SDM. The amount of the harness that I have seen does not look bad. Is this likely to be a faulty clockspring unit?
Since this Montana has the extra controls on the steering wheel a replacement clockspring is hard to find. I don't want to replace it if it is not a likely cause of the DTCs.

erndog72

Which one? Supposedly, one dtc is for one and the other dtc is for the other. Both came in at the same time. And they're not cheap.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
your only other choice is to try and find diagnostics tests for the sensors which may require a specific scan tool.

erndog72

After cleaning up a very gooky SDM connection, checking front sensor connections, and still not finding the issue I had a diagnostic done. Evidently, both front impact sensors are bad (both at the same time?) and possibly the SDM. Everything else was good including wiring harness.
New twist. Now it has become an intermittent issue. After driving for a while the light will go out and stay out the next time the engine is started.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.