• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Stabilitrak - Yaw Sensor

kbagley

We have a 2009 Pontiac Torrent which has the Stabilitrak Off / Service light. It's my teenage daughter's car and would like get Traction Control working. There are no codes and no engine light. Brought the car to my local mechanic who was able to get code U2142 - No communication with Yaw Rate Sensor. My mechanic documented 'no power' to Yaw Sensor and though maybe a broken wire between it and the EBCM . However, I tested and found ~5 volts a the sensor.

Anyone have any ideas for next steps? Does anyone know the proper voltage at sensor? Thinking I will go ahead and replace the Yaw Sensor just to eliminate that as the issue.

Thanks,
Keith

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
watch this video and note the comment about the battery state of charge and performing the voltage test using a charger on the battery. One site stated 9+ volts.
There also was a technical bulletin but it does not specifically ist U2142
GENERAL MOTORS: ABS AND STABILITRAK LIGHTS ON DTC(S) U0121, C0550, C0186, C0196, C0710, C0252. THIS CONCERN CAN BE CAUSED BY WIRE HARNESS GOING TO EBCM, CHAFFING ON TRANSMISSION MOUNT OR METAL BRACKET. *PE

Last edited:

kbagley

Thank you. Good point about battery state. I tested it with ignition on, not running (doors open, headlight on due to dark garage, etc.). Should retest while on charger.

Wish I could find a diagram of wire harness from Yaw Sensor to EBCM. Hard to trace it all the way back.