• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Standard jack

Johnnyj

Had my first flat tire in many years. I was on a rural road and used the bumper jack........beyond unsafe!! Even with the
Front wheel chocked, the car was very unstable once I got the jack high enough. There has to be a better way.
What are most guys using these days??? Bottle jack, or scissor jack?? any recommendation as to which is better, or who sells
The best one?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
try a universal scissor jack and a bottle of tire inflater. Make sure the jack is designed for a car with a corner weight of 1,200 lbs.

Had my first flat tire in many years. I was on a rural road and used the bumper jack........beyond unsafe!! Even with the
Front wheel chocked, the car was very unstable once I got the jack high enough. There has to be a better way.
What are most guys using these days??? Bottle jack, or scissor jack?? any recommendation as to which is better, or who sells
The best one?
I keep a Harbor Freight tools aluminum racing jack in each of my cars. The handle can be inserted and removed without tools and it takes about as much space in the trunk as a scissor jack. Three pumps and the car is all the way up. They go on sale with a coupon often. I've attached their most recent coupon good through the rest of January.

Attachments