• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Starting issue

grantkat

I am working our 2001 aztek. We had the typical key issue and I used the manual release to unlock and get the key out. However, I am getting the folling symptoms:

When I put the key in and turn it everything is blank and I get zero response. Battery is good and has full charge. However I noticed when turning the key some of the dash lights come on for a moment then off. If i turn the key back and forth there seems to be a spot where the lights work while turning the key, however when you get to the start and run positions there is nothing. Seems like a back ignition swtich? is there anything on the process for removing and replacing the switch?

I was hoping to get to the switch, check wires etc and make sure everything is connected and clean, then if necessary replace the swtich.

I cannot find anything on the removal/replacement of ignition swtich.

Any suggestions and help would be appreciated.