Stealth Mode On HUD

N

niknar

Can someone tell me what "Stealth Mode" is? I have had my 2005 Grand Prix for a few months now and all of a sudden I am noticing a stealth mode on my heads up display. I haven't found info on it in my owner's manual. So what the heck does it mean?

Thanks

S

SpeedemonGTP

I believe it means that you can shut off all you internal dash lights, and only run the HUD. Previously, you could only dim the dash lights and not completely turn them off.

U

Unregistered

niknar said:
Can someone tell me what "Stealth Mode" is? I have had my 2005 Grand Prix for a few months now and all of a sudden I am noticing a stealth mode on my heads up display. I haven't found info on it in my owner's manual. So what the heck does it mean?

Thanks
This is from a magazine review of the 2005 GP:

An innovative stealth mode for the HUD is a first for Grand Prix. When stealth mode is selected, the instrument panel cluster lights are extinguished, allowing the driver to navigate solely using the HUD.

U

Unregistered

HUD -Stealth Mode

What likely has happened is you must have accidently bumped the HUD switch located below the cup holders and to the right. There is a button in the center of this switch which controls the display and angle of viewing. If you continue to push the button, your HUD will return to normal mode (HUD and dash lights). Stealth is ONLY HUD and dash lights are off. This switch also control the brightness of the HUD as well. I have found the HUD a very useful feature on my 2005 Comp G.

2005 Bonneville GXP

Wish my Ville had stealth mode, also have heard the 05 GP GXP puts NAV info on the HUD, True?