Stock g8gt dod/cam headers/exhaust questions

Captain_Doucher

Looking at getting an 09 G8GT. I want to do the D.O.D. delete and get a cam for it. Something that chops and is still able to be daily driven. I wanted to do the intake headers and exhaust as well but after going through everything I want to do, it seems to be kinda pricey for what I'm trying to spend at this very moment. So I would like to go one way or the other first preferably dod delete and cam first. Could I do the dod delete and cam first without adding aftermarket headers or exhaust? Also when doing the dod delete to remove the dod pressure relief valve can I use a regular non dod oil pan from an ls2? Lastly what all needs to be done if I were to only dod/cam it? What cam specs would make enough difference in sound and hp gain while keeping things stock such as the stall converter and throttle body as the car will be entirely stock before this.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
you dont put an aggressive cam in a stock engine, you leave that to last.
i dont see an oil pan as part of any of the conversion kits.

Captain_Doucher

I don't want too aggressive of a cam but one more aggressive than the stock one. About the oil pan,it says there is an oil pressure relief valve in the stock oil pan that exhausts oil to the sump st 55psi. Would replacing the oil pan with a non dod oil pan work?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.