Sunbird stalling

brado66

Hi,
I have a 92 Sunbird Convertible 3.1 liter . runs great most of the time , but when i turn left in a parking lot the engine dies..
It wont restart and i get it towed home, then it runs fine again. Is there a switch on the convertible doing this ? could it be power steering sensor??
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Brad.

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
Either the sock at the bottom of tank is clogged or your fuel pump is getting hot/ worn out, how much fuel is in the tank when this happens ?

Check the ground cable from the battery , is it clean? Could be loose or coroded and when you are turning , the old motor mounts could be effecting it.

Mileage? Recent new fuel pump? Mine lasted about 140k miles before it quit , was driving 5 days a week at that time. If the car sits alot, it just could be shot.

Doug in P.R.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Do you have a check engine light on?
Another thought is the evap canister. Some cars actual gasoline makes it into the canister and gets sucked into intake causing it to stall.

brado66

Either the sock at the bottom of tank is clogged or your fuel pump is getting hot/ worn out, how much fuel is in the tank when this happens ?

Check the ground cable from the battery , is it clean? Could be loose or coroded and when you are turning , the old motor mounts could be effecting it.

Mileage? Recent new fuel pump? Mine lasted about 140k miles before it quit , was driving 5 days a week at that time. If the car sits alot, it just could be shot.

Doug in P.R.
Ill check the ground cable and motor mounts.but it runs fine untill i turn left.

brado66

Do you have a check engine light on?
Another thought is the evap canister. Some cars actual gasoline makes it into the canister and gets sucked into intake causing it to stall.
No light on . i will look at the canister too.