T5 world class transmission

Johnnyj

My 72 Lemans came with the T5 WC transmission. I've been trying to buy the reverse switch and
Harness pigtail. I've ordered 2 pig tails and neither fit the switch presently installed, so I was thinking of just replacing both.
I call Ron Anderson Chevy dealer in yulee Florida and the parts guy knew nothing about the T5.........he told me it was only installed in Mustangs. Not so!
Does anyone know where to buy the switch and pigtail to fit the T5 WC Tranny??

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Assuming you have a T5 WC transmission it was a swap performed by a previous owner.
Can you find out what the donor car was?
Can you find a date code on the transmission?
It appears GM used the T5 only from 1990 to 1994 when it switched to the T56. So your best bet for the part might be a junk yard.
The T5 is stilled made under the name Tremec so you could also try a company like Silver Sport Transmissions.

Last edited:

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
GM Actually used the T-5 from late 1984 to 2002 in F-Bodies, The V-6 cars only in 1993-2002. WC T-5;s were used from 1986-2002.

When hooking up the WC T5 from a 1988 T/A in my 69 Firebird, I ended up using a Mustang Switch and Pigtail as the GM pigtail was unavailable new, I should have cut it from the doner car but did not think about it.

You really need to find out what version was installed, it is probably a GM Trans as they will bolt to the original bellehousing, the Ford versions (& the 93-2002 GM versions) will not as they have the Ford bolt pattern.

Johnnyj

I called tremec and bought a switch and pigtail from them. I will try getting them installed
One day next week. Thanks for the help!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.