Thoughts on 2010 Vibe

3ll3

Hey hey hey!
New to the the forum :)

Im currently looking at a 2010 automatic vibe. Original owners, but it has 218km on it.
I bought an 2004 Matrix with the same mileage and it did me so good, until my tranny took a shit. Which was my fault. Kicking myself for sure.

Im confident the car will be a good choice, but not in a position to get dooped or make the 5 hours round trip for nothing.
I know about the recall for airbag cable but am wondering if there are any other things i should look out for or inquire about before purchasing.

Thanks a bunch!

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Can you do a Carfax report on it?
Is the seller a dealer or private sale?
Are you really only interested in a Vibe/Matrix?
You wouldnt consider a Pontiac G5 or Chevrolet Cobalt?

3ll3

They sold it! :(
I was looking at the G5, im just worried about mpg as i use my car for work and have a heavy foot. Lol.
I was looking at the cobalt as well, but the only one i could find in my price range was yellow... Lol no go. I do like the hatchback tho.... Thanks for the reply. Im sure i will have more questions!

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Both the G5 and Cobalt have a dual overhead cam 16 valve modern design 4 cylinder. Great mpg.

3ll3

Both the G5 and Cobalt have a dual overhead cam 16 valve modern design 4 cylinder. Great mpg.

Hello again!

Thanks for the suggestion! I found a 2010 colbalt with just under 83700 on it. New rockers, oil sprayed, saftied...Very happy. The guys reviews are outstanding.... But stupid me- i checked the radio but didnt pay attention to the speakers fade and none of them work in the front...so thats kinda a pissoff but should be an easy fix.
Thanks again!