Trans am blower motor and cooling fan won't work

Trans am guy 23

Albany
Hello I am having a problem with my blower motor not working in my 5L trans am. I replaced the cooling fan switch the cooling fan relay both temperature sensors and the cooling fan motor now I'm having a problem with the power not getting to the cooling fan and the blower motor wont turn on which it did before I changed out the switch for the cooling fan motor. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
I'm a little confused by you interchanging the term blower motor and cooling fan motor. Are you only referring to the motor that is used for cooling of the engine or are you also talking about the HVAC motor?

Trans am guy 23

Albany
Hey sorry about that let me start over. The cooling fan motor that sits on the radiator has been replaced with it the switch and the relay. Ever since I change the switch the air conditioner and heating motor inside the car hasn't worked. Neither has the new cooling fan motor on the radiator sorry for the confusion haha I was kind of flustered at the time I wrote that

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
You fail to mention what year the car is.
Looking at the 2002 owners manual, are you aware there are 3 fan relays for the cooling system in the engine compartment fuse box?
Did you check the fuse that powers the relays?
Have you checked the fuse for the HVAC blower?

Trans am guy 23

Albany
The car is a 1987 trans am 5L with a carb. There is power at the relay and after. There is also power to the switch but no power at the cooling fan motor. Also I changed the fuses for both

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
When you say switch do you mean the temperature sender for the engine cooling fan motor?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
OK, I'm used to the term temperature sender. How many wires go the sender? If only one check if there is voltage present, if two check if one of them has voltage. If one wire and has voltage, if you ground it the relay should energize, if two and you connect them the relay should energize.