Upholstery Interchange

67OLDS88

Hello Catalina aficionados from a fellow Late 60's GM B body fan. There are not nearly as many of us as our A body loving cousins and that Is why I am here. I am an Oldsmobile guy currently in the process of reviving a 1967 Delta 88 Custom (2 door Fastback) and I need your help. My seats upholstery is shot and I would like to replace it both front (original Strato-buckets) and rear (standard bench). Custom stitched-to-order is just not in the budget so I was hoping to use some off the shelf items. Problem is, no one makes pre-sewn seat covers for full size Oldsmobiles of that vintage. PUI lists seat covers for 1967 Catalina 2+2 in various colors (Parchment is in my Olds now) but when I phoned them they could not state with any degree of certainty the covers would interchange with the seats in my Delta 88. I am confident the bucket seats are the same as GM used the same seat frame across all the B body platforms but the rear seat has me stymied. Does anyone know if the rear seat in a 67 Catalina Fastback is the same as in a 67 Olds Delta 88 Fastback? I know the pattern will differ but it seems to me the underlying seat structure would be the same. Alternatively, would anyone be willing to measure their Catalina Fastback rear seat and share the info? My upholstery guy says if possible I need to verify the seat back width and height, the seat cushion width (side to side) and depth (from seat back to front edge of cushion), and the skirt length (front edge of seat down to where it meets the floorpan) to insure interchangeability. Nothing fancy - to the nearest whole inch should tell the tale. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I have attached a couple of pictures of the seat in my Olds for visual reference.

Attachments

67OLDS88

Melsg5, thanks for the suggestion. I tried calling PUI customer service but was unable to get the information. Thinking I might have reached someone that was simply having a bad day I tried the email route. That was last week and I am still waiting for a response. I was up-front and told them why I wanted the information. All I can assume is because I am trying to adapt a product for "off-label" use, they may reluctant to get involved for fear if it does not work out they will take the blame.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
have you tried Legendary, another seat cover supplier.

67OLDS88

melsg5, I did not as it is my understanding that Legendary does not sell stock / pre-sewn seat covers for any B body vehicles - not even for the "popular" late 60s Impala - only the A bodies. Thus, even if they were willing to make some, it would be a custom or special order job and as I mentioned in my original post, custom seat covers are not in the budget. Further, given Legendary does not carry B Body seats I don't think it would be right to seek sizes from them, even if they have the information available in their records for custom work, only to give the business to someone else. I can assure you I have invested a significant amount of time researching the question but have had no success. That is why I came here. My intent was not to offend or seek the easy way out. I would be willing (and happy) to do the measuring myself if I could locate someone with a '67 Catalina fastback here in my neck of the woods (Greater Cincinnati).

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
have you tried contacting the local POCI chapter ?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.