• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Using oil dipstick to check Trans fluid

Mh458

I own a 98 sun fire and a 01 town and country. There is a well known trick for checking the trans fluid on the town and country which is taking the oil dipstick marking a certain measurement on it with a grinder and inserting it into the trans fluid input .does anyone know if I can do the same with my sunfire I don’t think paying the dealership will be cheap.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Never heard of this.
Do you have a transmission leak?
Any shop can put the car on a lift and check the fluid level you dont need a dealer.
If you have a jack and 4 jack stands you can do it yourself.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Thanks Doug. To make one youself though you would need the length and where to mark it.

Mh458

Never heard of this.
Do you have a transmission leak?
Any shop can put the car on a lift and check the fluid level you dont need a dealer.
If you have a jack and 4 jack stands you can do it yourself.
Yes actuall i do I just noticed today I’m hopping it is a bad pan gasket . While driving yesterday I noticed a burning smell it kinda reminded me of burning clutch . I’m not shire if automatics have some kind of clutching .thanks for your help stay safe.