• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Vacuum canister

Johnnyj

When I bought my 72 Lemans it was pretty much taken apart. I've put a lot of the puzzle back together but not sure of where some things go.
There was a 3 or 4 inch plastic ball with air fitting that must be a vacuum accumulator. I have looked in the Service manual and the Assembly manual,
But cannot see where this gets mounted. I don't see any place under the hood for it, but it would make sense that it belongs there.
Does anyone know where it gets mounted?? A pix would really help. Tks for the help.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
I looked under the hood of my 71 and see nothing resembling a vacuum canister. I have not had a chance to look under the dashboard. I did find on some earlier models it was on the drivers side firewall under the fender.