• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

vacuum hose routing diagram 1966 grand prix

hundayguy

Hello members, I am a proud new owner of a 1966 Pontiac grand prix. 4 barrel carb with a/c and p/s. I am looking for a vacuum hose diagram for this vehicle.
I have searched the web with no luck. Any thoughts?

thanks....Hundayguy.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
You need a copy of the 1966 factory Service Manual for the complete diagram. You have nothing currently connected?

hundayguy

correct. engine was disassembled for reconditioning and im stuck trying to figure out this puzzle.

there are 2 vacuum sources coming from intake manifold. one is on the lower runner and one on the upper runner. both appear to be connected to a plastic 3 way tee and other nipple of the 3 way goes to pcv valve. strange to think they have 2 vacuum sources for pcv system.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
this image shows the same hook up you describe and it appears to be an early attempt of evenly distributing crankcase gases among all the cylinders.

hundayguy

thank you sir for the information. I went ahead and took your advice and ordered myself a service manual. I am not very familiar with the Pontiac product but am learning so much about this project I inherited. the service manual will be handy.

thank again