• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Ventura 1976 - Unplugged hoses and plugs

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
All we can do is guess but since the original engine was a 2bbl 350, I think sometime after 1980 a previous owner installed the new intake and carburetor from a 80 and disabled all the emissions hoses at the same time.

Ventura76

Quebec, Canada
Thanks Doug.

I sent a message for the bumper but I just found your message today:(

I had a lot of problems with my house and I had to work in my basement since my last post. ( french drain change both side of the house)

So after that $20000 + work and three weeks, I can now return to my car. I bought a new steering wheel and hope to find a bumper just like the one on your ad.

Car is running good, not a lot of power but..... still a pleasure to listen to the v8 sound

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
Basement , what is that? ( just kidding.... havent had a basement since I left NY:D)

I can relate Frederic, my NY house had a hill in the back yard ( about 3 feet from the the back of the house) and we got a ton a water in the basement. The previous owner had a series of channels running along the wall to direct the water to a drain in the floor. After huge snowfall winters that didnt work too well ,so I coated the wall with that UGL rubber stuff, which stunk up the house pretty good but slowed the leaks down to just a dribble. Couldnt put anything outside the wall cause the first level was a cement terrace which led to 3 more railroad tie and dirt terraces.

Good luck on your bumper hunt............Doug in P.R.:cool:

Ventura76

Quebec, Canada
We have a small stream 100 feet behind the house.....

I tried to contact the guy of your ad today. Bumper is still available I am waiting on the shipping cost

I will let you know... thanks

Ventura76

Quebec, Canada
Hi Doug.

The bumper is now in my garage. Shipping and customs cost me a lot but at least I found one.

Thanks for your help. Now I need to find a mounting bar or make one to put between the shocks and the bumper.

One more time thank you for your help and the dedicated sub-forum

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
Your welcome Frederic, Sal came through with the Sub forum this week.

Customs aren't fun I know, I forgot to tell you to have them send it as a Gift.

( no extra charges) The guys on the Hbody site gave me that idea.

You have a pic of the part you need?

Maybe I can help.....................;)

Doug in P.R.:cool:

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
Its just 1/8th steel plate that runs along the whole bumper?

Any metal supply shop can cut you a piece to your measurements.

Doug in P.R.:cool: