Vin tag question

Tattooed92

Need help & thanks in advance. I will try & be as precise as possible. I am looking at a 65 gto for sale with a non matching 400 out of a 1971. The car has the cowl tag under the hood & phs paperwork but no vin tag on the door. He is asking 40k. How much does the no vin tag on door depreciate the gto if phs papers & cowl tag are present? I'm thinking I should run!

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
I assume you mean the VIN tag on the door pillar not the door. I would be questioning the fact that the car doesnt have the original engine or even a 389 and they think it's worth 40K! If you can get the price down the car might be a nice driver but I havent seen it. It's not a collectible car and should be going for less money.

Tattooed92

Yes I mean the vin tag on the door pillar. I was told he has it, the guy who painted it took it off when painting...well thats the answer I got. matches the phs paperwork, but I'll be explaining that as long as I own the car. The original motor was a 389 with a 2 speed powerglide. Now a 400 out of a 71 gto with a 3 speed th400 trans.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Even with the tag not a 40K car.

Tattooed92

Well he found the tag, he DOES have phs paperwork & cowl tag is also there & the vin is also stamped on the driver's side frame just behind the wheel. I MIGHT be purchasing, got him down quite a bit! Will follow with pics if deal goes through

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.