• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Vintage air for a 1968 gto

Brad kolenda

I have been looking into adding a/c in my 1968 gto but vintage air only sells them for the 1969. Can someone tell me me what the differences are in the two years?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Since you are asking about an aftermarket AC system asking Vintage Air why they feel their system wont fit a 1968 is the best way to get the answer. I'm sure if it fit without modification they would be more than happy to market it that way.
On second thought I'm not sure what you are looking at. I just downloaded their 2019 catalog and the Pontiac GTO page show a 1968 kit and a 1969 to 1972 kit. The page does say Coming Soon for all of them. Did you call them and they didnt know when the 1968 would be available?

Last edited:

Brad kolenda

Since you are asking about an aftermarket AC system asking Vintage Air why they feel their system wont fit a 1968 is the best way to get the answer. I'm sure if it fit without modification they would be more than happy to market it that way.
On second thought I'm not sure what you are looking at. I just downloaded their 2019 catalog and the Pontiac GTO page show a 1968 kit and a 1969 to 1972 kit. The page does say Coming Soon for all of them. Did you call them and they didnt know when the 1968 would be available?
Yes I did call them directly and they said they are designing one to fit the 68 as we speak and it will be ready for the market by December.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
They gave you no clue as to what is different? Mounting brackets maybe?

G

G-307880

I have been looking into adding a/c in my 1968 gto but vintage air only sells them for the 1969. Can someone tell me me what the differences are in the two years?
I just had a Vintage Air installed in 70 GTO. The best thing to do is call Vintage Air and tell them what you have. They will build a kit for your car. My only problem was the controls. They used controls from a 442. It looks good and runs great.