• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Water leak Passenger Side Front Floorboard When It Rains

ceabbott2

I have a 2009 Pontiac torrent that has a decent leak when it rains outside. I'm goiing to pull the glove box and see if i can track down the source of the problem. I thought i would ask on here first to see if anyone elese has experienced this problem first hand. I did have it under a Japanese Maple tree and it had collected leaves in and around the windshield. I cleaned them all out but I'm wondering if there is a space/drain under the cowl near the windshield that could be the source of my problem. Thanks in advance for any help regarding my issue.

Sincerely,

Charles

G

G-584665

Try using a water hose to locate the source. Could also be door seals.
It seems to be coming from the right side above the right kick panel. Specifically above where there is a group of harnesses that are mounted behind the right kick panel. I'm uncertain yet if it's coming from the windshield where the A pillar meets the body on down or if it's maybe coming from the area where the door seal. It Durant appear to be as the leak is above the lower right dash mount near the right bottom of the glove box (above that).

Motorcity88

Detroit
Hopefully you have figured out the source by now but just in case you haven't, I'll throw this out there. And I only made an account to reply but im sure it will come in handy.

Do you by chance have a sunroof?? If so, check to make sure the plastic drain lines didn't come apart behind the pillar or kick panel. Might sound strange but when I first bought my torrent, i went to the carwash and when I left, i noticed water on the floor and noticed the headliner was wet as well.
Pulled down the liner and the pillar trim and the line was cracked up top and completely fell apart behind the trim. Easy fix with some vacuum line.

Hope this helps.

ceabbott2

Hopefully you have figured out the source by now but just in case you haven't, I'll throw this out there. And I only made an account to reply but im sure it will come in handy.

Do you by chance have a sunroof?? If so, check to make sure the plastic drain lines didn't come apart behind the pillar or kick panel. Might sound strange but when I first bought my torrent, i went to the carwash and when I left, i noticed water on the floor and noticed the headliner was wet as well.
Pulled down the liner and the pillar trim and the line was cracked up top and completely fell apart behind the trim. Easy fix with some vacuum line.

Hope this helps.
That's EXACTLY what had happened! The rubber tube that connects the moonroof drain and the plastic tube that runs down the A pillar had come loose! Thank you for your reply!