• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

What size wheels can i fit on my 1968 Pontiac Bonneville

XBallX

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has any first-hand experience of wheel sizes for 1968 Pontiac Bonneville. I have done a lot of research and keep coming up with conflicting answers on the sizes, offsets, etc that I can put on the car. Especially the rear, due to the wheel wells limited room. If anyone has put bigger tires and wheels on and can help me out, I would be very grateful.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
the stock tire/wheel measured a little less than 28" in diameter and the stock width was 217mm.
have you done any actual measurements on the car to determine how much clearance you have on both the inside and outside of the tire sidewall?
have you measured your wheels for offset and backspace?
the next size up from 217 is 225 so you could fit a 225/60x17 tire.
you may be able to go as large as 245/55x17 which would be a little less than a inch wider than the 225/60x17, but you need to know if you have a 1/2' clearance on both sides of the tire.