What to do with a1977 400 block

PontiacJoe

So, I have an old, rusty, in-need of rebuild engine block with heads. From the numbers, it seems to be a '77 400. Nothing special about it. Can't tell what car it is out of but my cousin who gave it to me said it was a Firebird. (If you know how to confirm that please tell me how!).
Anyway, I was saving it as a trade in / core for a new engine. But I've decided on an aluminum black next time. Now this thing is just in my way. (My wife adores it 🙄)

What world you do with it? Should I recycle the metal for $0.10 per lbs., sell it, junk it, or get it redone and sell it in better shape?
I really just want to make room in the shop. Love to make some $$ but I don't really know if it's worth it. I also hate wasting original parts even when they are not the most sought-after.
Please provide your Pontiac wisdom. Thanks!

PontiacJoe

Thanks. The code told me it was the 400 from November of '76 making it a '77 car. There are other codes, but I don't think any can tell me the actual car it was in.

So, I have an old, rusty, in-need of rebuild engine block with heads. From the numbers, it seems to be a '77 400. Nothing special about it. Can't tell what car it is out of but my cousin who gave it to me said it was a Firebird. (If you know how to confirm that please tell me how!).
Anyway, I was saving it as a trade in / core for a new engine. But I've decided on an aluminum black next time. Now this thing is just in my way. (My wife adores it 🙄)

What world you do with it? Should I recycle the metal for $0.10 per lbs., sell it, junk it, or get it redone and sell it in better shape?
I really just want to make room in the shop. Love to make some $$ but I don't really know if it's worth it. I also hate wasting original parts even when they are not the most sought-after.
Please provide your Pontiac wisdom. Thanks!
Blast it, paint it, get creative & turn it into a coffee table with a glass top.
$1200 right there.