• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Where to source rear springs for 1966 base model

larsenj

WI
My Catalina's rear is sagging a bit, so I spoke with my mechanic and he stated that I need new springs in back. I've done a lot of searching online (Summit, CarID, etc), but I can only find front springs... Does anyone have an idea of where I can source some rear springs? Or, if it's not possible, what other options I might have...?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Grandmas70cat

Michigan
Maybe consider air shocks

I have a slight sag in the rear of my 70 Catalina and am planning to replace the old shocks with air shocks. As your mechanic - it's a much cheaper option... :rolleyes:

pappabear71

North Dakota
I have a 67 base model and found front and rear for mine at Summit. They greatly improved the ride height and comfort of the car. Matched them with some Gabriel Guardian shocks from Amazon. I can post the link to the springs I found, might help.