Which ABS module for my 2009 Montana?

airman012

Ontario
I have a 2009 Montana SV6 that has the abs and traction control lights coming on whenever I move the van.

The diagnostics say it's the right front wheel sensor but the sensor is working and the wiring up to the control module connector is good. It looks like the ABS module may be the problem.

When I look for a replacement module, three different parts come up that say they have slightly different features. I am the original owner of the van and don't know anything about different abs related options for the Montana in 2009. I contacted GM and they were no help at all. Just referred me to the dealership. My local dealerships are really poor and have screwed me over in the past so I'm not going there.

Any idea how to figure out which ABS module part I should be getting?

Thanks

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
You have a Canadian vehicle so my usual sources have no listing for 2009. How about sharing where you are finding three versions and I will try to help.

airman012

Ontario
Thanks for the quick response!

I have found the three ABS module number references on a number of sites but the Rockauto.com site shows the ACDelco part numbers as:

15873162 - GM Original Equipment Brake & Traction Control Ride & Handling Suspension (FE2); Except Electronic Traction Control (NW9)

15873163 - {#19245475} GM Original Equipment Brake & Traction Control Fits Soft Ride Suspension (FE1), Active Brake Control (JL4) OrSport Suspension (FE3), Special Ride & Handling Suspension (FE4), Active Brake Control (JL4)

15873164 - GM Original Equipment Brake & Traction Control Ride & Handling Suspension (FE2), Electronic Traction Control (NW9)

Thanks again!

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
those letter/number combinations are RPO (regular production options) codes. Somewhere on you vehicle is a label listing them. So you have to find it and see if there is listed FE1 or FE2 or FE3 or FE4 and NW9 and JL4. I found the link below for the Chevrolet Venture so it may be in the same location for the Montana.
http://www.my-chevy-venture.com/RPO-codes.html

airman012

Ontario
Many Thanks!

those letter/number combinations are RPO (regular production options) codes. Somewhere on you vehicle is a label listing them. So you have to find it and see if there is listed FE1 or FE2 or FE3 or FE4 and NW9 and JL4. I found the link below for the Chevrolet Venture so it may be in the same location for the Montana.
http://www.my-chevy-venture.com/RPO-codes.html
I found the RPO sticker in the glove box. It narrows down the Rock Auto part numbers to one that may not be a perfect match but its close enough - I think.

I can't thank you enough for helping me out so quickly!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.