Wiper arm disconnect

sonfiyah

Hello all, first post. I have a 2005 Sunfire and my driver side windshield wiper arm has become disconnected from the motor. I know what the problem is, I'm just having trouble finding the piece that I need. Where the bolt of the arm meets has broken, and I cannot for the life of me find what pin or screw I need to reattach it. There was a plastic washer still sitting in the area but the screw is MIA giving me no reference to go off of. When I feel the underside of the connection on the passenger side there is a smooth, rounded piece at the end that leads me to believe I might have broken something a bit more serious than I originally thought. If anyone has any ideas as to what I could need, or if anyone needs any more info on the problem please reply when you get the chance. Thanks a lot!

dreager

wiper transmission

Old post but for those in future.
Sounds like the teflon piece broke off your wiper transmission. Just replaced one for a friend. Easy enough job. Get from a wreckers $60 with motor.(don't buy separately as it's real hard to line up gears)

bcwaller

Another idea for those with the same issue. I decided to see what I could do to "fix" it without replacing the whole transmission. Turns out the metal is not as hard as I feared. I drilled and tapped the fitting where the plastic clip would go, and then just assembled it with a screw and flat washers. It rattles and is not going to be as quiet as original, but was an easy and quick fix that should last the life of the car. Or until the next plastic piece breaks.

Attachments